Let’s Talk About Snacks

In 2016 I acquired a 51% stake in Snacker.News, a news feed style site about snacks and food. The other 49% is owned by the Snacker.News CTO Josh Yaganeh. Since the acquisition we’ve experimented with a number of new endeavors under the Snacker.News banner including:

  • Original content under the ‘Snack Lords‘ banner
  • A new logo, the “pretzkull”
  • A snack surprise rating delivery subscription service
  • An infrequent mailing list

Five years into this new media endeavor I want to talk about snacks with someone, so I think it’s time to start a podcast. Because while I have not become an expert in the last five years I have become an enthusiast and I want to talk to other people who are excited about snacks.

So what am I looking for? A guest? A co-host? Yes. Kind of. Let me explain…

When the opportunity to acquire Snacker.News came up it fit my model of “As Above, So Below” which is a Hermetic phrase that refers to the microcosm and macrocosm but being a man of business I think of it as a way to apply the business framework of multinational companies to my personal life (see also; kmikeym). When I encountered Snacker.News I thought, “How do I engage this like a corporation?” and that led me to the idea of a media acquisition. And so now that I’m looking for someone to talk about snacks with that lead me to the idea of the search for the new host of ‘Jeopardy!

So what I’d like to do is find a few people willing to chat with me once a week for a few weeks, then move on to someone else, until there is enough chemistry and interest to stop talking to new people. Maybe that takes months, maybe years, maybe it means I’m not involved… I’m open to anything.

So if you’d like to talk about snacks then please get in touch!